Richard T. Haik, Jr., Partner of Morrow, Morrow, Ryan, Bassett & Haik, joined the firm in 2008. His practice at the firm is primarily focused on personal injury, particularly 18-wheeler and trucking accidents, motor vehicle accidents, maritime and offshore injuries, and class action litigation.
Richie currently serves as the City Attorney for the town of Port Barre, Louisiana and the village of Cankton, Louisiana. Richie has been selected for inclusion within the Super Lawyers “Louisiana Rising Stars” publication from 2014-2016.
As a member of the trial team in the Actos MDL, Richie assisted in various aspects of trial preparation, including jury selection, and served as part of the trial team that achieved a $9 billion dollar verdict in federal court.
Richie is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is limited to attorneys that have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
- Personal Injury
- Trucking Accidents
- Auto Accidents
- Class Action Litigation
- University of Mississippi, B.A. English, 2002
- Louisiana State University, J.D., 2005
- Louisiana Rising Stars, 2017 and 2018
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys Top 10 Attorneys Under 40 In Louisiana
- Selected for Inclusion within Louisiana Super Lawyers® Rising Stars since 2014-present
- Auxiliary Police Officer for the Town of Port Barre
- St. Landry Parish Bar Association
- Lafayette Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Former clerk to Honorable Chief Judge Helen Gillmor
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii
- Chair of the Louisiana Association for Justice Auto Torts Section (2015-2016)
- All Louisiana state courts
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- 5th Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals