Jeffrey M. Bassett, Senior Partner of Morrow, Morrow, Ryan, Bassett & Haik, joined the firm over 30 years ago after leaving his post as Assistant District Attorney for the City of New Orleans. During his time as an Assistant District Attorney, Jeff served as Chief of Trials and Chief of Homicide, taking to trial numerous homicides and major felony crimes.
Jeff joined what was then Morrow & Morrow law firm in 1981 and soon after put his extensive courtroom experience to work trying personal injury cases in civil court.
During his time with MMRB&H, Jeff has brought to court most every type of personal injury case imaginable, including offshore platform cases, maritime injuries, automobile accidents, trucking accidents, pharmaceutical claims, traumatic brain injuries and spinal injuries.
Most recently Jeff was lead counsel on all depositions and motions relating to spoliation claims in the Actos MDL and part of the trial team that achieved a $9 billion dollar verdict in Lafayette Federal District Court.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Trucking Accidents
- Products Liability
- Class Action
- Louisiana State University, B.S. in Business Management
- Louisiana State University, J.D., 1977
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Inclusion within Louisiana Super Lawyers® (2011-2016, 2018, 2019)
- Chairman, St. Landry Parish Indigent Defender Board (1987-2008)
- Chairman, Board of Trustees of The Academy of the Sacred Heart (2000 and 2001)
- Member Board of Trustees of The Academy of the Sacred Heart (1998-2000)
- President, St. Landry Parish Bar Association (1987)
- Vice President, St. Landry Parish Bar Association (1986)
- Louisiana State Bar
- American Bar Association
- St. Landry Parish Bar Association
- The Louisiana Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- City Attorney for towns of Porte Barre, Krotz Springs and Henderson
- Hope for Opelousas
- Former Assistant District Attorney for New Orleans
- Former Chief of Trials for New Orleans
- American Institute “10 Best Attorneys” (2017)
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 (2017)
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- United States Supreme Court
- 5th and 11th Circuits of the U.S. Court of Appeals
- US District Courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Louisiana